The Acts8 MovementÂ is a Missionary Society made of lay and clergy members of the Episcopal Church.Â We are a group of enthusiastic Episcopalians dedicated to renewing the church through discipleship, evangelism and the use of current technologies for communication and strategic action.
Vision statement: Proclaiming Resurrection in The Episcopal Church.
Mission statement: Changing the conversation in The Episcopal Church from death to resurrection; equipping The Episcopal Church to proclaim resurrection to the world.
Acts 8 Guiding Principles:
- We follow Jesus, guided by the Holy Spirit, grounded in prayer, scripture, and worship.
- We give generously to support the spread of the Kingdom of God.
- We challenge The Episcopal Church to proclaim the good news of Jesus in effective ways.
- We encourage and equip local missionary communities.
- We work to transform unjust structures of society, reconcile all people to God and one another, and care for creation.
- We carry out our work with hope, optimism, and good humor.
- We consistently and transparently communicate to achieve dialogue across the church.
3 thoughts on “About Acts8”
Greetings fellow resurrection proclaimers. I am pleased to now follow your Acts8 work and hope to meet you at General Convention. I have served for the past 10 years as Missioner for Evangelism in the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas. I would love to meet and learn what you are doing in your missional work. Thank you for your commitment to prayer and mission!
I am a new visitor to The Acts 8 Movement. How do I join your Society? I see great content on FaceBook and distributed by ECF’s Vital Posts, but how can I learn more about becoming engaged in the Movement?
Sorry it has taken us so long to respond. The Acts 8 Core Team has just finished a planning meeting and more details will be available soon. In the meantime, be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @Acts8Movement