So now that the TREC report has been released and debated ad-infinitem, ACTS 8 is hosting a three-part BLOGFORCE challenge focussed onÂ mission and structure at different levels of the church. Â Over the course of this, we will be asking the following three questions:
1. What is the mission of the congregation? Â How should it be structured to serve its mission?
2. What is the mission of the Diocese? Â How should it be structured to serve its mission?
3. What is the mission of the (Domestic and Foreign) Missionary Society (of the Protestant Episcopal Church of the United States of America) or whatever you currently insist on calling it?Â How should it be structured to serve its mission?
This week’s challenge is question three. Â A large part of the angst in the church is over national mission and structures. Â What should the mission be and how should it be structured to serve that?
Acts8 BLOGFORCE Wing Commander
How do I participate in the Blogforce?
Simply blog your answer on your own site, then:
1. Paste the code you can find hereÂ at the bottom of your post – note that it is code so you will probably need to switch to HTML view in your blog editor. It should look like this on your blog when posted or previewed:
2. Send the permanent link and a 120 word or less origin story abstract to email@example.com. Â This should be done by no later than 5PM Central Time on Sunday the 22ndÂ of March. Â On Monday, the abstracts will be re-posted with links. Â At that point, the provided code will point to the round-up page instead of here.
The editorial board of Acts8 reserves the right to decline submissions that are deemed offensive or do not uphold the Guiding Principles.
Look during the week for more information on our next Acts8 tweetchat, which is scheduled for Monday, March 23rd at 9PM EDT using #acts8tc